Reduce risk, prevent downtime and proactively manage your mission critical systems
Hyper-V Monitoring Made Simple
Hyper-V monitoring is important, but IT departments often spend more time reacting to problems than trying to identify issues before they cause downtime. It doesn’t have to be that way. 5nine Manager gives you total visibility into your Hyper-V infrastructure, and insight into business-critical performance data. This allows you to detect problems early to prevent downtime and business losses, reducing the likelihood of other disruptions.
Centralized Hyper-V monitoring also allows you to easily identify areas where improvements can be made so you can fine tune your cloud infrastructure; improving productivity and performance, enabling data-driven decision making and empowering you to more effectively plan and budget for IT upgrades.
Hyper-V Dynamic Optimization
Improve Hyper-V Cluster Performance by Up to 40%
Eliminate performance bottlenecks and business application slowdown by automatically balancing workloads across Hyper-V hosts. 5nine Manager Datacenter enables you to quickly and easily migrate virtual machines to underutilized hosts when CPU or Memory reach predefined thresholds with built-in Dynamic Optimization for Hyper-V. 5nine Manager Datacenter supports two group types for dynamic optimization: cluster groups to balance load between cluster nodes and shared storage groups to balance load between hosts with shared storage.
- Avoid service disruptions and outages by automatically migrating Hyper-V workloads to new hosts when CPU or Memory exceed predefined values
- Simplify management of your complex infrastructure by configuring dynamic optimization, backup, live migration, replication and failover clustering from a single, centralized console
- Avoid repetitive, time-consuming manual balancing by letting 5nine Manager Datacenter handle optimization automatically, even while you sleep
- Enhance network performance and security, and achieve high availability with an end-to-end, highly-resilient approach to Hyper-V risk mitigation
Virtualization Resource Monitoring
Ensure your virtual environment will perform to standard. Get ample early warning of impending trouble, such as resource shortages or hardware issues, and quickly identify the source of current problems. 5nine Manager allows you to monitor performance parameters across all hosts and virtual machines in real time.
- Hyper-V host monitoring allows you to track CPU, memory, disk and network utilization across all hosts and view recent alerts by object or alarm type
- Hyper-V VM monitoring allows you to review CPU, memory, disk and network utilization across all VMs and view recent alerts by object or alarm type
- Hyper-V cluster monitoring allows you to track cluster performance, VM and node health, cluster disk info, and recent alerts by object or alarm type. It also includes detailed diagrams for cluster shared storage (CSV) volumes I/O and historical data
- Performance trend tracking provides detailed diagrams that show current performance values, warning notification thresholds, critical notification thresholds, and overall trends via linear approximation of parameter values
Easily monitor host, VM and cluster health, performance and storage from a single, centralized console. Quickly uncover and correct issues with rich, filterable content.
- Datacenter dashboard provides a summarized view of host, VM, and cluster health as well as recent alarms. Each summary is color coded to easily distinguish between healthy objects, objects with errors, and objects with warnings – enabling you to quickly find and correct issues.
- Cluster dashboard allows you to monitor general data such as role and node count, current host server, and subnets. It also includes detailed diagrams of Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV), cluster node and VM health, and recent cluster and VM alarms.
- Host dashboard provides general and detailed host data such as CPUs, total and available RAM, domain role and system type. It also includes host disks info, VM health diagrams, and recent host and VM alarms.
- Virtual Machine dashboard allows you to monitor general VM and storage data such as VM states, processor load, storage capacity, and total size of virtual disk and VM configuration files. It also includes detailed information for each virtual network connection and provides a list of recent VM alarms.
Historic Baselines and Archival Technology
Set realistic expectations for current and future host and VM performance. 5nine Manager automatically archives and maintains historic data for each performance counter at the host and VM level, including CPU, memory, disk and network usage. This data can be used to create custom views comparing current and past performance across user-defined periods of time; and is used for capacity planning purposes.
Discover possible performance issues today – before they become problems tomorrow. 5nine Manager takes past performance data, including CPU, memory, disk and network usage, and applies linear regression techniques in regular intervals to forecast future performance.
This allows you to more effectively monitor host and VM performance and capacity thresholds. Estimates of when a threshold will be exceeded allows you to quickly identify bottlenecks, troubleshoot solutions, and cover all your bases.
Event Log Email Alerts
Discover issues before they impact operations. 5nine Manager allows you to configure email-based resource alerts for physical or virtual performance parameters, and event alerts for native Microsoft events.
- Resource alerts immediately notify you when performance parameters for hosts, VMs or clusters go above or fall below predefined warning or error thresholds
- Event alerts immediately notify you of native Hyper-V issues pertaining to failover clustering, integration, VMMS, migration failures or VM configuration module errors