Accelerated Microsoft Cloud Adoption in 2017 Drives Demand for 5nine Unified Management and Security Offerings
Microsoft Cloud adoption leads hundreds of enterprises to simplify and secure their cloud environments with 5nine’s Manager and Cloud Security offerings
5nine, Inc., the leading provider of Microsoft Cloud management and security solutions, today reported significant acceleration in sales velocity and record performance in 2017:
- Annual bookings increased 80% year-over-year
- Average deal size increased by approximately 100%, reflecting increased customer recognition of product value and satisfaction
- Set a record for direct sales in a single month in company history in December 2017
- Achieved the highest revenue in company history
5nine’s growth is attributed to increasing demand for unified, automated solutions for managing and protecting mission critical infrastructure on the Microsoft Cloud platform. According to IHS Markit, the cloud market is forecasted to grow to $342 billion with a compound annual growth rate of 22% by 2021. The company expects that as more organizations adopt cloud-based infrastructures, they will demand unified management and security solutions to help scale their IT operations. 5nine is uniquely positioned to deliver these solutions.
“This past year was an incredible success for 5nine,” said Scott Sanders, 5nine’s Chief Executive Officer. “We’ve built an amazing platform for cloud management and security that’s being rapidly adopted by enterprises all over the globe. When customers who have embraced cloud adoption, see our products in action, they feel compelled to buy. In addition, we’ve added new talent to our executive team that positions us for even more success in 2018 and beyond.
“In June, for example, we launched 5nine Manager Datacenter, the enterprise version of our popular, award- winning 5nine Manager product. It has received significant praise from the market, analysts and our customer base. 5nine Manager Datacenter allows IT administrators to manage, monitor and recover large, distributed environments from a single, cost-effective access point – something no other solution on the market today can deliver. We’ll soon introduce SDNv2 compatibility to our suite of 5nine solutions, which several of our customers and prospects are waiting for.”
5nine helps customers around the world reach the full potential of their virtual infrastructure with unified cloud management for Microsoft Hyper-V and unified cloud security for Microsoft Hyper-V and Azure. Highlights from 5nine’s record-breaking year include the following new products and features:
- 5nine Manager Datacenter – This enterprise-ready, unified management platform provides advanced administration, management, monitoring and recovery for Microsoft Cloud environments. It fulfills complex enterprise requirements for role-based access control, multitenancy and automation, while still being easy to use and fast to implement.
- 5nine Smart Firewall for Azure – This automation-based security application enables cloud administrators to quickly and easily create, maintain and manage inbound/outbound traffic rules for virtual machines in Azure. The application, which is available at the Azure Marketplace, is able to simplify collection and management of native Azure firewall log data, which significantly reduces the time and steps needed to securely isolate and protect your virtual infrastructure.
- 5nine Cloud Security – 5nine added hybrid cloud management to its flagship cloud security solution by way of a new web interface. The new web-based Cloud Security and Management console allows administrators to manage on-premises and cloud VMs from a single, unified interface; simplifying their tasks while saving their companies’ significant time and money.
With over 1,000 satisfied enterprise customers worldwide, 5nine’s record-breaking year included many testimonials, which showcased the company’s ability to easily manage and protect Microsoft Cloud environments. Administrators and executives alike have praised 5nine solutions for their ability to enhance performance, save time and improve the customer experience. The following customer quotes are a direct reflection of 5nines’ strength in the market:
- “5nine Manager simplifies the lives of those who do not use SCVMM…all from a single console.” – Uilam MacDonald, Hitachi
- “I think companies need to look very hard at 5nine….It will give them everything they need….I’ve got no plans to use anything else.” – Dave Neal, IT Manager & Technical Architect, Konica Minolta
- “I love the ability to connect Hyper-V machines in a workgroup through 5nine. This feature alone justifies the price for us. We find it an easier and more complete tool than Microsoft SCVMM.” – Michael Sage, IT Director, PDC Infotek Ltd
- “5nine is an absolute breeze to install, configure and use. It includes every important function needed to control your environment, from single Hyper-V hosts up to clusters.” – Matthias Petz, ICT Manager, Strüby Holzbau AG
5nine significantly strengthened its management team in the areas of executive leadership, sales and product management. The following technology veterans were appointed to executive leadership roles:
- Scott Sanders was appointed Chief Executive Officer – He brings more than 20 years of experience in sales, product management, marketing and operations. Previously Scott served as Senior Vice President of Security Services for Verisign, an S&P 500 company.
- Karen Armor was appointed Senior Vice President, Sales – She brings 19 years of experience in leading global sales, business development, and operations for software-as-a-service (SaaS), mobility and security solutions. Previously, Karen was with Fiberlink/MaaS360, a privately held mobile security company acquired by IBM in late 2013. Following the acquisition, Karen served as a Business Unit Executive for IBM.
- Vince Arneja was appointed Chief Product Officer – He brings more than 20 years of leadership, strategy and technical product management experience in global companies across cloud, mobile, application, endpoint and network security. Previously, Vince served as SVP of Product Management at OPĀQ Networks, and has held executive product roles at Arxan Technologies and Sigaba.