5NINE SOFTWARE ANNOUNCES THE RELEASE OF THE FIRST
INTEGRATED SECURITY SOLUTION FOR MICROSOFT HYPER-V
5nine Software Adds Sophos Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware Engine to Its Popular Virtual Firewall; Improves Security and Compliance for Cloud Environments Built on Hyper-V
Bellevue, WA, March 29, 2011. - Today, at Microsoft Hosting Summit, 5nine Software announced the release of the first integrated security solution for Microsoft Hyper-V environments. 5nine Virtual Firewall for Microsoft Hyper-V now integrates Sophos Enterprise Anti-Virus (AV) and Anti-Spyware (AS) engine. The solution offers AV, AS and firewall in a single comprehensive security package designed and optimized specifically for virtualization environments. It improves the security and compliance for multi-tenant cloud environments as well as enterprise customers.
"We are pleased to announce our engagement with Sophos - a leading provider of Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware solutions for SMB and Enterprise, - said Konstantin Malkov, CTO of 5nine Software. 5nine Virtual Firewall with Sophos Antivirus is a unique virtualization security solution application. It uses ‘Smart Scheduling’ to start, pause and resume the AV/AS scans based on the current virtual environment resource utilization and workload trends, thus allowing to avoid bottlenecks for hosts and virtual machines."
"Delivering security in a virtual environment has some additional challenges compared to physical networks. One of the noteworthy challenges is poor performance due to simultaneous expensive AV workloads. Utilization aware policy and an additional layer of inspection improves performance and supplements security. 5nine’s vSecurity Suite for Hyper-V helps provide greater protection for virtualized systems. We’re pleased that 5nine selected Sophos to further empower businesses in safeguarding their virtual infrastructures" - said James Lyne, Senior Security Technologist, Sophos.
5nine Virtual Firewall provides an ability to monitor and control network traffic between virtual machines and external (physical) network, as well as between virtual machines within the virtual network. Additionally, Anti-virus scans in Hyper-V environment now can be scheduled and controlled from 5nine v-Firewall Management Application (Console), or via Virtual Firewall PowerShell API. Anti-Virus logs can also be loaded and viewed from 5nine v-Firewall Management Console.
5nine v-Firewall Features and Benefits:
- Controls Network Traffic – Using simple PowerShell API/scripts or intuitive Management application an administrator can define/modify various firewall rules to allow or restrict various types of network traffic coming from the external network to Hyper-V virtual machines, or vise versa, and between the virtual machines. It allows to protect the Virtual Machines and the Host System from both 'outside' and 'inside' vulnerabilities.
- Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware protection - AV/AS scans are randomized based on the virtual environment workload analysis and resource utilization trends, which allows to avoid resource utilization problems and performance degradation when multiple AV/AS scans are running.
- Security Heartbeat Service – Special service continuously checks if the network traffic rules are enforced, and can stop or pause the virtual machine if its network filter is not communicated to ensure that VM is not compromised.
- Stateful Packet Inspection
- Deployment options – 5nine Virtual Firewall can be used with Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager templates when virtual machine is provisioned on Hyper-V / Server 2008 host, or to be deployed on the physical machine(s) prior to P2V Migration.
- Compliance Audits - Enables successful compliance audits by providing the ability to monitor, report on, audit logs, and filter virtual network traffic effectively.
Pricing and Availability
Free 30 day trial version can be downloaded at www.5nine.com. 5nine V-Firewall is priced at $14.95/Virtual Machine (VPS)/Month - with Anti-Virus engine. $3.25/Virtual Machine/Month for just v-Firewall functionality. Volume discounts apply.
About 5nine Software
5nine Software helps organizations to safeguard their investment in virtual infrastructure by providing innovative systems management solutions designed to reduce costs, increase productivity and mitigate risks. 5nine offers suite of P2V and V2V tools such as 5nine P2V Planner, 5nine Migrator, 5nine Optimizer, 5nine P2V Hyper-V Planner Free Edition and 5nine v-Firewall for Hyper-V Free Edition.
5nine is an international company with its U.S. headquarters in New Jersey. 5nine is rapidly expanding its presence and its partner network around the world, and will continue to offer innovative and practical solutions to help IT professionals to better plan and manage their virtual infrastructures.
Contact: 5nine Sales at email@example.com