5nine Software announces release of 5nine V2V Converter - Free, fast and easy-to-use VMware to Hyper-V virtual machine Conversion Tool
Holmdel, NJ, July 27, 2011. 5nine Software, innovative provider of Microsoft Hyper-V management solutions for SMB virtual datacenter environments and V-Cloud hosting, announces release of 5nine V2V Easy Converter Beta Preview.
New free tool performs fast and non-intrusive conversion and fixup of VMware virtual machines (VMs) to Microsoft Hyper-V VMs with highest conversion success ratio. 5nine V2V Easy Converter can be used as a standalone tool on different versions of Microsoft Server, including Free Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2/SP1, Server 2008 Core, and does not require any additional software licenses.
5nine V2V Easy Converter can also be used in conjunction with tools such as Vmdk2Vhd or StarWind V2V Converter.
Main Features and Benefits:
- 5nine V2V Converter is a Free standalone tool and doesn't require any additional software licenses; It runs on a Free Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2/SP1, and VMware guest(s) may be migrated on a free Hyper-V server. It also runs on other Microsoft platforms, including Windows7, 'Full' and 'Core' editions of Server 2008 R2/SP1.
- 5nine V2V Conversion process is fast, effective and easy to use.
- 5nine V2V Easy Converter does not require 'removing' the guest from the source VMware environment prior to conversion. Thus this version does not perform the 'online' conversion, but the downtime is much less than in case you need to store the guest in the library in order to migrate.
- 5nine V2V Converter supports migration of the guests with different configurations, including large disk(s) and shared disks – these scenarios are specifically prone to the errors that other tools suffer from.
- 5nine V2V Easy Converter allows to modify the target guest configuration parameters, although the source VM configuration is preserved by default.
Current version of 5nine V2V Converter supports conversion of Windows Server 2008 or higher Guest Windows OS. Subsequent releases will support conversion of Windows Server 2003 and later, simultaneous conversions of multiple VMs, as well as 'reverse' Hyper-V - to - VMware VMs conversion and fixup.
5nine V2V Easy Converter Beta Preview is available immediately. It can be downloaded at www.5nine.com. Or please contact 5nine sales at email@example.com
Please carefully review 'Release Notes' and EULA prior to installing the product. 5nine Team welcomes your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.