HYPER-V OR VMWARE? NEW VERSION 2.0 OF 5NINE P2V PLANNER HELPS CUSTOMERS CHOOSE THE RIGHT PLATFORM
5nine P2V Planner Version 2.0 adds P2V VMware Migration Planning, Side by Side TCO and ROI Comparison.
Holmdel, NJ, USA, July 8, 2009. - 5nine Software today announced the latest versions of its popular virtualization migration planning solution, 5nine P2V Planner version 2.0 and 5nine P2V Planner Free Edition 2.0. The updated software adds P2V VMware planning to the existing P2V Hyper-V virtualization planning capabilities and now delivers side-by-side comparative analysis of Hyper-V and VMware migration plans from the technology, TCO and ROI perspectives.
"Successful virtualization initiatives require upfront planning, selection of the most suitable virtualization platform and ongoing project assessment to measure and maximize the return on investment." said Konstantin Malkov, R&D Director of 5nine Software. "Today we are glad to release the new version of 5nine P2V Planner – the P2V migration planning solution that allows comparison of P2V Hyper-V and P2V VMware migration plans from technology, TCO and ROI standpoint, and helps enterprise and SMB customers to choose the right virtualization technology based on configuration of the data center, its size as well as other specific requirements".
"5nine P2V Planner is a powerful virtualization migration planning solution that enables datacenter managers to create and compare VMware and Hyper-V virtualization migration plans, taking into consideration several important factors, such as software licensing costs, actual memory, CPU utilization, and average consolidation ratios. Therefore it allows selecting of virtualization technology most suitable for consolidation of specific data center." -said Henry Bayard, Vice President, EasyLink.
5nine P2V Planner offers the following features:
- Automated P2V Hyper-V and P2V VMware Migration Planning – Performs sophisticated analysis of the current data center and provides multiple Hyper-V and VMware migration plans depending on particular customer requirements. Optimized placement of virtualized workloads is based on business requirements, technology (memory, storage and CPU utilization, security), and TCO and ROI.
- Side-by-Side comparison of Hyper-V and VMware Migration plans – Enables creation and side-by-side comparison of VMware and Hyper-V virtualization migration plans. It take into consideration multiple factors including software licensing costs, memory and CPU utilization, clustering and average consolidation ratios for both virtualization technologies.
- Agentless Data Collection – Automatically discovers and collects hardware inventory, utilization data and application performance metrics in a non-intrusive manner without installing agents. It also allows importing this information from an Excel or XML file.
- Simple-to-Use - The product was designed to be used for projects of all sizes - from small virtualization pilots or SMB projects to large enterprise projects with hundreds of servers, hosts and virtual machines (VMs).
- Integrated TCO and ROI Reporting – 5nine P2V Planner creates a variety of technology assessment, workload, and TCO and ROI reports for each migration plan, for easy comparison of Hyper-V and VMware migration plans and decision making.
- Ongoing Value – Whether your P2V migration project is complete or ongoing, the Planner continues to provide value by optimizing the workloads and resource utilization in a virtualized data center.
Pricing and Availability
5nine P2V Planner Free Edition 2.0 is available immediately and is free for any Microsoft Hyper-V or VMware ESX and vSphere environments
5nine P2V Planner is also available immediately, with North American pricing starting at $59.00 USD per physical server. More information, including free trial downloads, is available at http://www.5nine.com/
About 5nine Software
5nine is an international company with its U.S. headquarters in New Jersey. 5nine Software helps organizations to safeguard their investment in virtual infrastructure by providing innovative systems management solutions designed to reduce costs, increase productivity and mitigate risks. 5nine offers the suite of P2V tools such as 5nine P2V Hyper-V and P2V VMware Planner, 5nine P2V Hyper-V Planner Free Edition and 5nine Virtual Firewall for Hyper-V