5NINE SOFTWARE ANNOUNCES DISTRIBUTION AGREEMENT WITH LIFEBOAT AND RELEASE OF MIGRATOR FOR MICROSOFT HYPER-V
5nine P2V Migrator uniquely combines P2V migration planning, automated P2V and V2V conversion and ongoing workload optimization for Enterprise and SMB Hyper-V deployment projects. 5nine aso announces a promotional flat license fee of $495.00 for 5nine P2V Planner.
Holmdel, NJ, USA, March 23, 2010. - 5nine Software announced today agreement from Lifeboat Distribution and release of 5nine Migrator for Hyper-V - powerful and easy to use virtualization migration solution designed for Enterprise and SMB P2V Hyper-V deployment projects. 5nine Migrator combines three major functionality into one package:
- P2V migration analysis and planning – Provides sophisticated analysis of the current data center and creates migration plans depending on particular enterprise requirements. Optimized placement of virtualized workloads is based on business requirements, technical parameters (memory, storage and CPU utilization, security) and include integrated TCO/ROI analysis and reporting.
- Automated P2V conversion – Performs automated P2V conversion based on the selected migration plan; and
- Ongoing workload optimization and capacity planning - After your P2V Hyper-V migration project is complete 5nine P2V Migrator continues to provide value by optimizing the workloads and resource utilization in a virtualized data center, including migration of the virtual machines between the hosts for workload optimization.
- "Today we are glad to announce the most comprehensive migration solution for Microsoft Hyper-V. More and more businesses are looking to utilize Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization technology in their data centers to reduce costs and optimize resources. Successful virtualization initiatives require substantial effort for upfront planning and migration of physical servers, if performed manually. 5nine P2V Migrator automates all major tasks in virtualization deployment project such as P2V planning, P2V conversion and ongoing optimization in one easy-to-use integrated solution." – said Dr. Konstantin Malkov, R&D Director of 5nine Software.
- "5nine Migrator is a powerful and easy to use virtualization migration solution that drastically simplifies the effort for virtualization planning and conversion. 5nine Migrator analyzes the hardware and software on physical machines to create optimal migration plans based on CPU, Memory, I/O and storage utilization to minimize the on-going cost of ownership. It then uses these plans to perform an automated conversion of the physical servers onto provisioned virtualization hosts." - said Len Gangi, Principal at QualSecure, IT Governance, Information Security and Quality improvement specialists.
Other important features include:
- Automatic provisioning of virtual machines – Provisions virtual machines that are used for migration; all parameters of such virtual machines are calculated as part of the migration plans.
- Hardware pre-processing - Performs analysis of the physical machines, and identifies factors preventing successful migration and suggests corrective actions utilizing comprehensive built-in Knowledge Base. It helps to increase the rate of successful P2V conversions.
- Automated P2V Migration Jobs Processing and Migration Helpers - When performing actual migration of physical machines - alerts system administrator of the actions to be taken to complete successful migration in case physical machine was not migrated automatically (e.g. offline migration instead of online, installing required Service Packs or modifying the software/drivers installed, etc.
- Simple-to-Use - The product was designed to be used for projects of all sizes - from small virtualization pilot or SMB projects to large enterprise Hyper-V projects with hundreds of servers, hosts and virtual machines (VMs). 5nine Migrator is integrated with Microsoft SCVMM R2.
The current beta version of the product supports P2V Migrations, while subsequent release supports V2V as well, including VMware to Hyper-V V2V.
Pricing and Availability
5nine Migrator is available immediately. Please login to www.5nine.com to request a quote. 5nine P2V Planner now has a flat price of $495.00 independent of amount of servers or workloads in the Data Center.
About 5nine Software
5nine Software helps organizations to safeguard their investment in virtual infrastructure by providing innovative systems management solutions designed to reduce costs, increase productivity and mitigate risks. 5nine offers the suite of tools that combine P2V migration planning, conversion and workload optimization: 5nine P2V Hyper-V Planner, 5nine Migrator and 5nine Optimizer, as well as the Compliance solution for Microsoft Hyper-V 5nine Virtual Firewall for Hyper-V.
5nine is an international company with its U.S. headquarters in New Jersey. 5nine is rapidly expanding its presence and its partner network around the world, and will continue to offer innovative and practical solutions to help IT professionals better plan and manage their virtual infrastructures.
CONTACT: Irene Achong, 5nine Software, Inc. 910 Foulk Rd., Suite 201, Wilmington, DE 19803, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com