5nine Manager v8 Offers Easy, Centralized and Affordable Management and Monitoring
The Newest Version Lets the Users Optimize Hyper-V Cluster Configuration and Adds New Enhancements to the 5nine Manager v8 with Antivirus
Click to Tweet: 5nine Manager v8 Offers Easy, Centralized and Affordable Management and Monitoring
CHICAGO, IL (Oct. 13, 2015) – 5nine Software, the leading global Hyper-V virtualization security and management provider, today announced the availability of 5nine Manager v8, the most cost-efficient management and monitoring solution for Hyper-V that provides many of the features of System Center Virtual Machine Manager. The new 5nine Manager v8 helps administrators streamline their work and save time on day-to-day Hyper-V administration by simplifying cluster configuration and management. The Antivirus (AV) Edition of 5nine Manager v8 also offers brand-new ways of detecting and removing viruses and malware to enhance Hyper-V security.
"5nine is committed to address our customers’ needs for centralized management and monitoring for Hyper-V that is easy to learn and use," said Symon Perriman, VP of Business Development at 5nine Software. "Today we are pleased to release 5nine Manager version 8 which provides SMBs with affordable and simple administration of the Microsoft Cloud Platform."
The new version of 5nine Manager adds improvements to 5nine Manager v8 and 5nine Manager v8 with AV.
5nine Manager v8 allows Hyper-V administrators to:
- Leverage Failover Cluster management optimization: 5nine Manger v8 allows users to test, deploy and configure a Failover Cluster from 5nine Manager without launching additional software and thus eliminating extra complexity.
- Monitor future and historical trends at the virtual machine (VM) and host level: administrators are now able to predict the system performance and prevent operational downtime.
- Receive customized alarm notifications based on Hyper-V and cluster events: 5nine Manager v8 provides the capability to preconfigure and customize which notifications are the most important to set up
5nine Manager v8 with AV extends its industry-leading capabilities with:
- AV scan throttling to minimize performance impact to VMs: now users can gain even more precise control over the performance of the system by designating a maximum number of simultaneous AV scans.
- Centralized AV signature updates through a local proxy server: 5nine Manager v8 centralized antivirus management by having to update virus definitions only on the Hyper-V host, without having to update any of the VMs.
- New lightweight agent to eliminate reboots: when malware is detected on the host, 5nine Manager v8 will remotely quarantine the file to ensure that the virus is not launched.
5nine Manager v8 is available immediately. It is licensed per 2 CPU, starting at $299. For more information or to download a free 30-day trial version, please visit: http://www.5nine.com/Manager
About 5nine Software
5nine Software is the leading global Hyper-V virtualization security and management provider. It offers the first and only agentless security and management solutions for Microsoft Hyper-V. 5nine Software provides innovative, powerful and easy-to-use software designed to reduce costs, increase productivity and mitigate security risks. Today, 5nine Software helps more than 75,000 satisfied users around the globe to reach the full potential of their virtual infrastructure.
Founded in 2009, 5nine Software is headquartered in Chicago, with offices worldwide.
Find out more by visiting 5nine Software.
Connect with 5nine