5nine Manager Free Edition is a simplified version of 5nine Manager, the leading management and monitoring solution for Hyper-V, supporting up to two virtual machines on a single host. Our free Hyper-V Manager provides the core functionality of 5nine Manager for small environment and test labs.
Learning or evaluating Hyper-V is now easy with this simple solution, helping new users and VMware admins make the transition to the Microsoft Cloud Platform. It even manages the Hyper-V Server edition, allowing users to have an entirely free end-to-end virtualized stack. To explore the full functionality of 5nine Manager Standard Edition, get the 14-day trial today.DOWNLOAD FREE CONTACT SALES
- "We get into these engineering meetings where we decide that we need some ridiculous number of virtual environments. By the time the meeting is done, I have a lab that’s now been cloned and ready to go... That’s something you can’t do from the Hyper-V Manager. You’ve got to come in to 5nine to do that."IT Security OfficerUS Government Security Company
- "We recommend that you install 5nine Manager on systems to all our customers. This makes the management of Hyper-V servers easy and convenient. And we can always be sure that we will have access to the domain controller, even in the event of a problem. "Mark DuttonDatamerge
- "I think it is the best Hyper-V Manager available."Manfred ZyskNRS
- "Great software product. I love the fact that there are a lot of new versions. Patches and repairs are fast and easy. Super easy to use, even for non technical people. Awesome software."David GrudekNetwork Creations Ltd.
- "It’s crazy to not consider 5nine. When we started looking at Hyper-V tools, 5nine was the only game in town for agentless antivirus. I think companies need to definitely look very hard at 5nine before they spend a lot more money. It will give them everything they need, especially for small and medium environments... I’ve got no plans to use anything else."Dave NealIT Manager & Technical Architect, Konica Minolta
- "The 5Nine local console means that we can build systems with virtualized domain controllers. If a DC is not booting, we can still use the 5Nine console to fix the issue. This makes sense to me. Running a DC outside of the virtual stack seems expensive and a bit counter-intuitive."Mark DuttonDatamerge
Supports Hyper-V Server, Linux and UNIX, providing you with a License-Free Virtualization Solution
5nine Manager Free Edition supports all versions of Hyper-V, including the free Hyper-V Server. This enables customers that are using public Linux and UNIX distributions within their guest operating systems to have an entirely license-free virtualization solution. It also supports legacy versions of Hyper-V, dating back to Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, providing the only management option to a host that cannot be upgraded. Now you can reduce your costs as you virtualize your environment!
Provides an Easy-To-Use and Intuitive Design for Hyper-V Admins
5nine Manager Free Edition is designed exclusively for Hyper-V with the goal of providing a basic management experience for new or expert users. The lightweight design and small installation footprint makes deployment quick and easy. 5nine Manager provides an intuitive layout so that anyone can quickly learn Hyper-V, especially VMware admins, as it has a clean design like vSphere to offer a familiar management experience.
Simplifies Management of Small Hyper-V Labs for Evaluation and Testing
For customers looking to simplify their small Hyper-V environment, 5nine Manager Free Edition provides the basic functionality to successfully evaluate or test Microsoft’s virtualization platform. 5nine Manager Free Edition allows you to manage up to two virtual machines on a single host. Its streamlined deployment makes evaluating Hyper-V a positive experience for those new to virtualization, and for experienced admins using Hyper-V for the first time. 5nine Manager Free Edition is a great solution for those that need management at no cost, and even some of Microsoft’s internal test labs prefer to use 5nine rather than more complicated tools.
Offers the Only GUI for Nano Server Server Core and Hyper-V Server for PowerShell-Free Management
Microsoft recommends that you run your VMs on a Server Core, Nano Server or Hyper-V Server installation in order to improve security and reduce reboots. However, these versions of Hyper-V have no GUI, which makes configuration challenging unless you are experienced with PowerShell. 5nine Manager is the only solution with a full GUI that runs directly on the host, enabling local graphical management. Now you can easily perform necessarily Hyper-V tasks, such as configuring your host, accessing your VMs, and viewing the health of your virtualized system.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2012, 2012 Core, 2012 R2 & R2 Core, 2016, 2016 Core
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 SP1, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016
- Windows 10 with Hyper-V role enabled
- Windows 8.x with Hyper-V role enabled
.NET Framework 4.5 or higher
Note: Remote management only allows managing different versions of Hyper-V hosts from one Windows Client.