* - 5nine Manager and 5nine Manager with Antivirus licenses are available for 1, 2 and 3 years of support.
- 5nine Manager Free Edition supports 6 VMs and 1 host with up to 2 CPU.
- 5nine Manager subscription license is available per 2 CPU.
- 5nine Manager with Antivirus license is limited to real-time AV protection of 20 VMs per host.
- Upgrade to 5nine Manager with Antivirus is available upon request.
5nine Manager Free Edition is a simplified version of 5nine Manager, the leading management and monitoring solution for Hyper-V, supporting up to six virtual machines on a single host. It provides the core functionality of 5nine Manager for small environment and test labs.
Learning or evaluating Hyper-V is now easy with this simple solution, helping new users and VMware admins make the transition to the Microsoft Cloud Platform. It even manages the Hyper-V Server edition, allowing users to have an entirely free end-to-end virtualized stack! To explore the full functionality of 5nine Manager, get the 30-day trial today.
Supports Hyper-V Server, Linux and UNIX, providing you with a License-Free Virtualization Solution
5nine Manager Free Edition supports all versions of Hyper-V, including the free Hyper-V Server. This enables customers that are using public Linux and UNIX distributions within their guest operating systems to have an entirely license-free virtualization solution. It also supports legacy versions of Hyper-V, dating back to Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, providing the only management option to a host that cannot be upgraded. Now you can reduce your costs as you virtualize your environment!
Provides Easy-to-Use and Intuitive Design for Hyper-V Admins
5nine Manager Free Edition is designed exclusively for Hyper-V with the goal of providing a basic management experience for new or expert users. The lightweight design and small installation footprint makes deployment quick and easy. 5nine Manager provides an intuitive layout so that anyone can quickly learn Hyper-V, especially VMware admins, as it has a clean design like vSphere to offer a familiar management experience.
Simplifies Management of Small Hyper-V Labs for Evaluation and Testing
For customers looking to simplify their small Hyper-V environment, 5nine Manager Free Edition provides the basic functionality to successfully evaluate or test Microsoft’s virtualization platform. 5nine Manager Free Edition allows you to manage up to six virtual machines on a single host. Its streamlined deployment makes evaluating Hyper-V a positive experience for those new to virtualization, or experienced admins using Hyper-V for the first time. 5nine Manager Free Edition is a great solution for those that need management at no cost, and even some of Microsoft’s internal test labs prefer to use 5nine rather than more complicated tools.
Offers the Only GUI for Nano ServerNEW Server Core and Hyper-V Server for PowerShell-Free Management
Microsoft recommends that you run your VMs on a Server Core, Nano Server or Hyper-V Server installation in order to improve security and reduce reboots. However, these versions of Hyper-V have no GUI, which makes configuration challenging unless you are experienced with PowerShell. 5nine Manager is the only solution with a full GUI that runs directly on the host, enabling local graphical management. Now you can easily perform necessarily Hyper-V tasks, such as configuring your host, accessing your VMs, and viewing the health of your virtualized system.
”We get into these engineering meetings where we decide that we need some ridiculous number of virtual environments. By the time the meeting is done, I have a lab that’s now been cloned and ready to go... That’s something you can’t do from the Hyper-V Manager. You’ve got to come into 5nine to do that.”
IT Security Officer
US Government Security Company
Read success story
”It’s crazy to not consider 5nine. When we started looking at Hyper-V tools, 5nine was the only game in town for agentless antivirus. I think companies need to definitely look very hard at 5nine before they spend a lot more money. It will give them everything they need, especially for small and medium environments... I’ve got no plans to use anything else.”
IT Manager & Technical Architect, Konica Minolta
Read success story
Supported Operating Systems
Local and remote management:
- Windows Server
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Core
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 Core
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Core
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows 8.x
- Windows 8.1 with Hyper-V role enabled
- Windows 8 with Hyper-V role enabled
Remote management only (allows managing different versions of Hyper-V hosts from one Windows Client):
- Windows 8.1 x64
- Windows 8 x64
- Windows 7 x64
- .NET Framework 4.5 or higher
What's new in 5nine Manager
- Windows Server 2016 SupportNEW - Manage and protect virtual machines running the latest Microsoft's Server operating system, supporting Hyper-V Server 2016 and Nano Server.
- Nano Server (NS) SupportNEW:
- Manage Nano Server remotely with graphic interface (Nano Server has no local GUI)
- ManageEasy installation. 5nine Manager runs as an on-premises Windows application. No cloud connectivity required
- ManageSummary views & real-time monitoring of all NS components
- ManageClone settings across NS hosts. No more configuration through scripting.
- ManageCentralized management with logging, alerts and email notifications
- ManageHigh availability through Failover Clustering & Hyper-V Replica
- ManageLoad balancing and live migration across hosts
- ManageCapacity planning and system reporting for NS forecasting & compliance
- Various significant Usability and Performance improvements
- Microsoft SQL Server Support NEW - Use Microsoft SQL Server to track and store data.
- Windows 10 Support - Manage and protect virtual machines running the latest Microsoft’s client operating system, Windows 10. Additionally the 5nine Manager console can also run directly on Windows 10, allowing you to administer your data center from your laptop.
- New Virtual Machine Health Summary View - Expand your monitoring capabilities by gaining additional insight through a new summary on the virtual machine level. It displays the health status of the VMs, including other helpful information. Control frequent actions of the selected VM right from the same panel.
- Enhanced Summary Tab View - View all major events that happened within the system in a certain time range and get a summarized view of events at the datacenter, cluster and host levels. Try new convenient visual format that can be filtered by hosts, VMs and clusters. Observe the detailed info about the health state of clusters, hosts and VMs in convenient graphs.
- Simplified VM Management with Sortable Table Parameters - Customize the display parameters for virtual machines, allowing you to focus on the most important metrics for your business. Now you can organize your view by virtual machine OS, type, and more. This additional information about the properties of each VM provides easier sorting, insight and centralized management.
- Enhanced FreeRDP connection view
- Bandwidth management - sets limits on network bandwidth in terms of a minimum and maximum amount of megabites per second (Mbps)
- E-mail notifications for operations with Virtual Machines
- Pass-through disks support - ability to attach a physical drive to a VM
- Automated virtual machine (VM) provisioning
- VMs Guest connection views through FreeRDP or Microsoft controls
- Group operations for multiple VMs