5nine Security Manager for Hyper-V – Data Center provides our most powerful and comprehensive AGENTLESS security solution for virtual machines running on Windows hosts:
- Agentless anti-virus and anti-malware protection
- Powerful Kernel Mode virtual firewall delivers the most comprehensive real-time traffic filtering available for a virtualized environment
- Sophisticated intrusion detection system with network anomaly analysis
- Centralized management console
Thanks to its innovative agentless design, which installs nothing on the virtual machine itself, the software secures Hyper-V virtualized environments without causing performance bottlenecks or anti-virus storms. You get lightning-fast anti-virus and anti-malware scanning for hosts and virtual machines; a powerful virtual firewall with network filtering and granular control over each VM; and a proactive intrusion detection system that analyzes inbound traffic for network anomalies, all controlled by a centralized intelligent management console.
Unique 5nine Features
Many vendors provide anti-virus and anti-malware protection, virtual firewalls, network filtering, intrusion detection, and network anomaly analysis, but not like we do. Here’s what makes us special:
- The only agentless protection built for Windows Server Hyper-V, Security Manager installs only once per host rather than once per virtual machine.
- Exceptionally fast initial scans.
- Special incremental scan technology tracks file changes and scans only changed files, resulting in scans that are up to 50X faster than traditional full scans.
- Orchestrated scans let you specify operational thresholds on the host so scans only execute when sufficient resources are available.
- Granular control over each virtual machine using Windows Extensible Switch, no agent required
- Configure the Advanced / Full Kernel mode Virtual Firewall for each VM individually
- MAC Address filtering
- ARP Rules
- SPI (stateful packet inspection)
- Network traffic anomaly analysis
- Inbound and outbound per VM bandwidth throttling
- MAC broadcast filtering
- All filtering events logging with more data (UM logs only contain blocked events)
- Configure network filtering rules on a per-VM basis, using the Windows Filtering
- Set inbound/outbound traffic limits and bandwidth utilization by virtual machine
- Intrusion detection system monitors all traffic inside a switch and uses SNORT engine to check for packet anomalies that could signify potential attacks.
- For VM’s that will be used as Web Servers 5nine offers a Web Application Firewall
- Supports any guest OS supported by Windows Hyper-V (Mac, Linux, etc.) – not just Windows environments.
- You get the industry’s fastest initial and incremental scans using 5nine’s specialized technology.
- Reduce capital expenditure by increasing VM density 15-30%. The best architecture for Hyper-V virtualization, Security Manager lets you maximize resource use in virtual environments. Our agentless design makes substantially better use of virtual machine resources, due to both architecture and scan speed. You’ll be able to perform anti-virus and anti-malware scans with virtually no performance impact.
- No anti-virus storms or crashed machines.
- Only update signature file on the host, not each VM.
- Easily manage policies, rules, filters and logs from one location. Consistently apply rules across the environment. Auditing is simplified so you can demonstrate compliance.
- Apply firewall and network filtering policies to new VMs as they are created, reducing vulnerability from the moment they come online.
- You can isolate virtual machines on the same host from each other and from the internet, so you can protect one VM’s (or customer’s) traffic from being visible to another.
- Proactive intrusion detection immediately alerts you (or your sys admin) to any abnormal inbound traffic, so you can prevent potential attacks before any problems occur.
- Greatly reduce administration time for deployment, maintenance and updates.
Note: Please refer to Quick Start Guide installed into Data Center Program directory how to use various system features. Please refer to readme.txt file in /SNORT subdirectory how to install SNORT signatures, and use 5nine IDS.
If you are deploying a Hyper-V virtualized environment, you need 5nine:
$24.99 per VM per year.
Download Free Trial