Free, Fast and Easy-to-use VMware to Hyper-V Virtual Machines Conversion
Free 5nine V2V Easy Converter performs fast and non-intrusive host to host conversion and fixup of selected VMware Virtual Machines to Microsoft Hyper-V VMs with the highest conversion success ratio.
5nine V2V Easy Converter can be used as a standalone tool on different versions of Windows Server, including Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 R2/2012/2008 R2 (SP1), Windows Server 2012 R2/2012/2008 R2 (SP1) GUI and Core installations.
Current version of 5nine V2V Converter supports conversion of Windows Server 2012 R2/2012/2008, Windows 8.x/7, Windows Server 2003 (x86 and x64), and most of Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Ubuntu and CentOS configurations. It also supports conversion to Gen1 and Gen2 Hyper-V Virtual Machines.
5nine V2V EasyConverter may be considered as a complimentary tool to MVMC tool.
Features and Benefits
- Free standalone tool
Doesn't require any additional software licenses.
- Discovery and Conversion of VMware VMs through vCenter version 5.0 or later new
- Enables conversion without VMware service interruption
Does not require 'removing' the guest from the source VMware environment prior to conversion.
Thus this version does not perform the â€˜onlineâ€™ conversion, but the downtime is much less than in case you need to store the guest in the library in order to migrate.
- Fast, effective and easy to use
Performance testing showed up to 30% higher conversion speeds than the current competition.
- Supports migration of the guests with different configurations
This includes large disk(s) and shared disks – these scenarios are specifically prone to the errors that other tools suffer from.
- Allows to modify the target guest configuration parameters
Although the source VM configuration is preserved by default.
- Supports conversion of both WindowsOS, Ubuntu and CentOS VMs in most configurations.
- hvremote.wsf script
Watch how to convert VMware VMs to Hyper-V VMs
with 5nine V2V Easy Converter
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Server
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Core
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Core
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Core
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows 8.x
- Windows 7 x64
VMware ESXi version
- VMware ESXi 4.x or higher
What's new in 5nine V2V Easy Converter
What's new in v6.1
What's new in 5nine V2V Easy Converter v6.1
- Windows 10 Support NEW - Continued migration support for VMs running the latest Microsoft client operating system, Windows 10.
- Expanded Linux Support NEW - Migrate VMs running the latest versions of Red Hat (RHEL), CentOS and OpenSUSE.
- Automatic Conversion into Highly Available Hyper-V VM NEW - Make your virtual machines highly available by clustering your Hyper-V host servers. Use the new converting algorithm to place a VM right on the cluster after the conversion thus automatically making it highly-available. Perform fast and non-intrusive host to host conversion and fixup of selected VMware virtual machines to Microsoft Hyper-V VMs with the highest conversion success ratio.
- Multiple ESXi Datastores Support NEW - Use more than one ESXi datastore when required. No matter how many of them you virtual machine is using - stay assured that conversion process will be completed with the highest success ratio.
- Localized Naming Support for Special Characters NEW - Feel free to choose and set up the names according to your organization's requirements with the new support of a full set of special characters. The virtual disk download is now allowed when special characters was used in the guest name.
- Performance Improvements - Meet the new version with several performance and reliability improvements. Improvements to copy speed and memory management were made, making it easier and faster to copy virtual machines with large virtual hard disks
- Improvements for Linux VMs conversions
- Enhancements for migration of VMs residing on different data stores and using the same disk names
- Improvements for Windows VMs conversions
- Ability to perform simultaneous multiple VMs conversion via GUI (available in FULL version only)
- Minor improvements for CentOS conversions
- Discovery and Conversion of VMware VMs through vCenter version 5.0 or later
- Ability to perform simultaneous multiple VMs conversion via API (available in FULL version only)
- Support of Dynamic disks for VHDX
- Further increased conversion speed;
- Improved diagnostics.
- Performance enhancements for Linux VMs.
- Performance enhancements.
- Extended diagnostic info for customers experiencing problems with disk files downloads;
- Several Performance improvements.
- PowerShell API and Command line (available in FULL version only), specifically created for large scale conversions.
- Race condition that caused tool to lockup at 100% of VM disk download for some environments is fixed;
- Added support for EFI firmware VMs (vs. BIOS): such VMs are automatically converted to Generation 2 Hyper-V VMs (Windows Server 2012R2/Windows 8.1 Hyper-V host required for this to work); all IDE attached devices are converted to SCSI;
- Network adapters are now correctly added to VM configuration in all cases and associated with selected Virtual Switch instance;
- Added progress bar for VM disk conversion task;
- Few other minor fixes based on the customer's feedback.
- Minor fixes for ESXi 5.5 Support
- hvremote.wsf script with pdf documentation was added into setup based on customer's requests.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Support
- Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 Support
- Additional logging information:
- Time Start
- Time End
- Bytes processed