5nine V2V Easy Converter provides fast and easy migration of VMware virtual machines to Hyper-V with a simple standalone tool. It performs non-intrusive conversions with the highest success ratio on the market. It is optimized for production environments with its software-based and agentless design, requiring no additional hardware. This solution runs on all current versions of Windows and Windows Server, and migrates all Hyper-V supported operating systems, including Linux and UNIX: Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 R2/2012/2008 R2 (SP1), Windows Server 2012 R2/2012/2008 R2 (SP1) GUI and Core installations. Migrating to Hyper-V has never been so fast or so easy than with 5nine V2V Easy Converter!
Effortlessly Migrate from VMware to Hyper-V with a Simple Wizard
5nine V2V Easy Converter quickly migrates virtual machines from a VMware to Hyper-V host. The conversion happens up to 30% faster than current competition, bringing your services back online sooner. No matter whether you are small company or an enterprise, now virtual machine conversions have never been so simple with an intuitive wizard!
Streamline your Migration Project the Broadest OS Support and Leading Conversion Rates
5nine V2V Easy Converter is the only migration tool you need as it has amongst the highest conversion rates in the industry. It supports every Hyper-V guest operating system, including the latest versions of Windows and Windows Server, along with numerous Linux and UNIX distributions. Start with the 5nine V2V Easy Converter to streamline your migration project with non-intrusive conversions.
Use Standalone Software without Needing Expensive Hardware Appliances
Many enterprise migration solutions require additional programs or hardware appliances to be integrated into the datacenter to perform the conversion. 5nine V2V Easy Converter is a standalone software-based solution that eliminates the need for any extra components to reduce additional costs or complexity.
Watch how to convert VMware VMs to Hyper-V VMs
with 5nine V2V Easy Converter
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Server
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Core
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Core
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Core
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows 8.x
- Windows 7 x64
VMware ESXi version
- VMware ESXi 4.x or higher
What's new in 5nine V2V Easy Converter
- Conversion speed improvements.
- Conversion speed performance improvements.
- Improved handling of VMs with complex names.
- License activation requirement added for Full version.
- Performance improvements
What's new in 5nine V2V Easy Converter v6.1
- Windows 10 Support NEW - Continued migration support for VMs running the latest Microsoft client operating system, Windows 10.
- Expanded Linux Support NEW - Migrate VMs running the latest versions of Red Hat (RHEL), CentOS and OpenSUSE.
- Automatic Conversion into Highly Available Hyper-V VM NEW - Make your virtual machines highly available by clustering your Hyper-V host servers. Use the new converting algorithm to place a VM right on the cluster after the conversion thus automatically making it highly-available. Perform fast and non-intrusive host to host conversion and fixup of selected VMware virtual machines to Microsoft Hyper-V VMs with the highest conversion success ratio.
- Multiple ESXi Datastores Support NEW - Use more than one ESXi datastore when required. No matter how many of them you virtual machine is using - stay assured that conversion process will be completed with the highest success ratio.
- Localized Naming Support for Special Characters NEW - Feel free to choose and set up the names according to your organization's requirements with the new support of a full set of special characters. The virtual disk download is now allowed when special characters was used in the guest name.
- Performance Improvements - Meet the new version with several performance and reliability improvements. Improvements to copy speed and memory management were made, making it easier and faster to copy virtual machines with large virtual hard disks
- Improvements for Linux VMs conversions
- Enhancements for migration of VMs residing on different data stores and using the same disk names
- Improvements for Windows VMs conversions
- Ability to perform simultaneous multiple VMs conversion via GUI (available in FULL version only)
- Minor improvements for CentOS conversions
- Discovery and Conversion of VMware VMs through vCenter version 5.0 or later
- Ability to perform simultaneous multiple VMs conversion via API (available in FULL version only)
- Support of Dynamic disks for VHDX
- Further increased conversion speed;
- Improved diagnostics.
- Performance enhancements for Linux VMs.
- Performance enhancements.
- Extended diagnostic info for customers experiencing problems with disk files downloads;
- Several Performance improvements.
- PowerShell API and Command line (available in FULL version only), specifically created for large scale conversions.
- Race condition that caused tool to lockup at 100% of VM disk download for some environments is fixed;
- Added support for EFI firmware VMs (vs. BIOS): such VMs are automatically converted to Generation 2 Hyper-V VMs (Windows Server 2012R2/Windows 8.1 Hyper-V host required for this to work); all IDE attached devices are converted to SCSI;
- Network adapters are now correctly added to VM configuration in all cases and associated with selected Virtual Switch instance;
- Added progress bar for VM disk conversion task;
- Few other minor fixes based on the customer's feedback.
- Minor fixes for ESXi 5.5 Support
- hvremote.wsf script with pdf documentation was added into setup based on customer's requests.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Support
- Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 Support
- Additional logging information:
- Time Start
- Time End
- Bytes processed