Free, Fast and Easy-to-use VMware to Hyper-V Virtual Machines Conversion
Free 5nine V2V Easy Converter performs fast and non-intrusive host to host conversion and fixup of selected VMware Virtual Machines to Microsoft Hyper-V VMs with the highest conversion success ratio.
5nine V2V Easy Converter can be used as a standalone tool on different versions of Windows Server, including Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 R2/2012/2008 R2 (SP1), Windows Server 2012 R2/2012/2008 R2 (SP1) GUI and Core installations.
Current version of 5nine V2V Converter supports conversion of Windows Server 2012 R2/2012/2008, Windows 8.x/7, Windows Server 2003 (x86 and x64), and most of Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Ubuntu and CentOS configurations. It also supports conversion to Gen1 and Gen2 Hyper-V Virtual Machines.
5nine V2V EasyConverter may be considered as a complimentary tool to MVMC tool.
Features and Benefits
- Free standalone tool
Doesn't require any additional software licenses.
- Enables conversion without VMware service interruption
Does not require 'removing' the guest from the source VMware environment prior to conversion.
Thus this version does not perform the ‘online’ conversion, but the downtime is much less than in case you need to store the guest in the library in order to migrate.
- Fast, effective and easy to use
Performance testing showed up to x10 times higher conversion speeds than the current competition.
- Supports migration of the guests with different configurations
This includes large disk(s) and shared disks – these scenarios are specifically prone to the errors that other tools suffer from.
- Allows to modify the target guest configuration parameters
Although the source VM configuration is preserved by default.
- Supports conversion of both WindowsOS, Ubuntu and CentOS VMs in most configurations.
- hvremote.wsf script
Watch how to convert VMware VMs to Hyper-V VMs
with 5nine V2V Easy Converter
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Server
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Core
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Core
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Core
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Windows 8.x
- Windows 7 x64
VMware ESXi version
- VMware ESXi 4.x or higher