5nine Software announces release of 5nine V2V EASY Converter 1.0- Free, fast and
easy-to-use VMware to Hyper-V virtual machine Conversion Tool.
Holmdel, NJ, December 06, 2011. 5nine Software, innovative provider of Microsoft Hyper-V management and security solutions for SMB virtual datacenter environments and Private Cloud, announces release of 5nine V2V Easy Converter 1.0
New free tool performs fast and non-intrusive conversion and fixup of VMware virtual machines (VMs) to Microsoft Hyper-V VMs with high conversion success ratio.
5nine V2V Easy Converter can be used as a standalone tool on different versions of Microsoft Server, including Free Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2/SP1, Server 2008 Core, and does not require any additional software licenses.
5nine V2V Easy Converter can also be used in conjunction with tools such as Microsoft System Center VMM / VMM 2012, Vmdk2Vhd or StarWind V2V Converter.
Main Features and Benefits:
- 5nine V2V Converter is a Free standalone tool and doesn't require any additional software licenses; It runs on a Free Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2/SP1, and VMware guest(s) may be migrated on a free Hyper-V server. It also runs on other Microsoft platforms, including Windows7, 'Full' and 'Core' editions of Server 2008 R2/SP1.
- 5nine V2V Conversion process is fast, effective and easy to use. Performance testing showed up to x10 times higher conversion speeds than the current competition.
- 5nine V2V Easy Converter does not require 'removing' the guest from the source VMware environment prior to conversion. Thus this version does not perform the 'online' conversion, but the downtime is much less than in case you need to store the guest in the library in order to migrate.
- 5nine V2V Converter supports migration of the guests with different configurations, including large disk(s) and shared disks – these scenarios are specifically prone to the errors that other tools suffer from.
- 5nine V2V Easy Converter allows to modify the target guest configuration parameters, although the source VM configuration is preserved by default.
Current version of 5nine V2V Converter supports conversion of Windows Server 2008, Server 2003 (x86 and x64), most Configurations of Windows 2000 Advanced Server, or higher Guest Windows OSs.
Subsequent releases will support simultaneous conversions of multiple VMs.
5nine V2V Easy Converter 1.0 is FREE and available immediately. It can be downloaded at http://www.5nine.com/vmware-hyper-v-v2v-conversion-free.aspx
Please carefully review 'Release Notes' and EULA prior to installing the product. 5nine Team welcomes your feedback at email@example.com.